Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

CLEAR DIFFICULTY OF BEING AN INTERPRETER!

Here are some daily Persian descriptive sayings, often pejoratives, as they translate literally rather nonsensically into English and rely on cultural innuendo. (I will translate them into their relevant or intended meanings at a future date as time permits).



مشکل بسیار بزرگی که ما ایرانیان خارج نشین در گفتگو با مردم انگلیسی زبان داشته ایم ، بیان اصطلاحاتِ رایج در زبان فارسی بوده که نمیشود به زبان انگلیسی ترجمه کرد، اما اکنون این مشکل هم الحمدالله برطرف شد!!





*My father came out, and I will take out your father!

(پدرم در آمد و پدر تورا هم در ميارم)



*May they take away your 'dead washer'! (مرده شورتو ببرن!)



*Ghosts of your stomach! (ارواح شکمت!)



*Don't put a hat on my head! (سرم کلاه نگذار!)



*Why are you selling me wet wood?? (چراهيزم تر بمن می فروشی?)



*Light up my homework! (تکليفم رو روشن کن!)



*His donkey passed the bridge. (خرش از پل گذشت)



*Cut tail! (دم بريده)



*What kind of dirt shall I put on my head? (چه خاکی بر سرم بکنم?)



*His head is playing with his tail! (سرش با دمش (..) بازی می کنه!)



*Pull your carpet out of the water! (گليمتو از آب بکش!)



*Happiness has hit you under your stomach! (خوشی زده زير دلش!)



*Punch you so hard that electricity will come out of your eyes!



(چنان بزنم که برق از چشمت بپره!)



*Snake Venom! (زهر مار !)



*Disease! (مرض!)



*Pain without a cure! (درد بی درمون!)



*He thinks he has fallen out of an elephant's nose?!



(فکر می کنه از دماغ فيل افتاده?!)



*Dog's mustache (سگ سبيل)



*I'll take out your eyes! (چشتو در ميارم!)



*Your step on my eye! (قدمت روی چشمم!)



*May I be sacrificed for you! (قربونت برم!)



*You have seen camel; you haven't seen. (شتر ديدی نديدی.)



*Don't drop worms! (کرم نريز!)



*He does long tongue!! (زبون درازی می کنه!!)



*Donkey into donkey!!! (خرتوخره!!!)



*They are like an elephant and a tea cup! (مثل فيل و فنجون می مونن)



*Don't put watermelon under my arms! (هندونه زير بغلم نده!)



*I'll make you one with the wall! با ديوار يکيت می کنم)!)



*I wanted to see who my nosey person is?! (ميخواست ببنم فضولم کيه?!)



*Don't look at me left left!! (بهم چپ چپ نگاه نکن!!)



*Took the water from my face! (Aabeh roomo bord!) (آبرو م برد)







*Painted us black! (مارو رو سياه کرد!)



*The door to the pot is open, where is the integrity of the cat? (در ديزی بازه حيای گربه کجا رفته?)



*You can't ride a camel bending, bending! (شتر سواری دلا دلا نمی شه!)



*The blind read! (کور خونده!)



*The dog was hitting, the cat was dancing! (سگ ميزدگربه می رقصيد!)



*You brought my life up to my lip! (جونم و بلبم رسوندی!)



*My soul reached my lips! (جونم بلبم رسيد!)



*Inside head eater!! (توسری خور!!)



*It's hit my head! (زده به سرم!)



*Blind cat! ('گربه کوره!)



*My head whistled! (سرم سوت کشيد!)



*My job is done. (کارم تمومه.)



*Burnt father! (پدر سوخته!)



*His mouth still smells like milk! (هنوز دهنش بوی شير میده!)



*I haven't said anything to her and she has grown a tongue! هيچه بهش نگفتم، زبون در آورده)!)



*I hope your eyes go blind! (چشمت کور!)



*I grabbed it out of his belly. (از دلش در آوردم.)



*One is too little, two is sad, the third is sure. (يکی کمه دوتا غمه سومی خاطر جمعه.)



*It was hitting and banging! (بزن بکوب بود!)



*May your hand not hurt. (دستت دردنکنه.)



*May your head not hurt. (سرت درد نکنه.)



*Don't be tired! (خسته نباشی!)



*I hope your mind goes up! (فهمت بره بالا!)



*Choke!!! (خفه شو!!!)



*Killed the cat by the honeymoon suite! (گربه رو دم حجله کشت!)



*Not coming not coming, when coming, two two coming!! (نمياد نمیاد وقتی مياد دوتا دوتا مياد!)



*No daddy!!! (نه بابــــــا!!!)



*Go daddy!!! (برو بابــــــــْآ !!!)



*Let's hit and go! (بزن بريم!)



*One pot tells the other pot your face is black?! (ديگ به ديگ ميگه روت سياه?!)



*Make him a donkey! (خرش کن!)



*Come short! (کوتاه بيا!)



*Money is not the bear's grass!! (پول علف خرس نيست!!)



*A hundred years to these years! (صد سال به اين سال ها!)



*Your warm breath! (دمت گرم!)



*Her stomach is happy. (دلش خوشه.)



*My stomach is tight. (دلم تنگه.)



*My stomach burned for her! (دلم براش سوخت!)



*Stomach to stomach has a path! (دل به دل راه داره!)



*Big bear! (خرس گنده!)



*Stomach is not in his stomach!! (دل تو دلش نيست!)



*It doesn't have math or books! (حساب کتاب نداره!)



*I'll eat your liver! (جيگرتو بخورم!)



*Sink your teeth into liver a little bit! (يک کمی دندو رو جيگر بذار!)



*It's raining dogs here! (اينجا سگ سارونه!)



*One gear! (يک دنده!)



*Dirt on your head!! (خاک برسرت!!)



*My stomach is making salt! (دلم شور می زنه!)



*I died from laughter. (از خنده مردم.)



*It is from my God! (از خدامه!)



*He was stuck between the earth and the sky. (مونده بود بين زمين و آسمون.)



*From each of her fingers a talent rains! (از هر انگشتش هنر ميباره!)



*Make your hat the judge! (کلاهتو قاضی کن!)



*I won't even give you a non-curing disease! (درد بی درمون هم بهت نميدم!)



*A flower has no front or back! (گل پشت رو نداره!)



*Without dad and mom! (بی پدر مادر!)



*He put a finishing stone! (سنگ تمام گذاشت!)



*His health is a ball! (حالش توپه!)



*I know him like the palm of my hand. (مثل کفت دستم می شناسمش.)



*Have I smelled the palm of my hand?? (مگه کف دستموبو کردم??)



*She hits one handed! (يک دستی می زنه!)



*Without back of work! (پشتکارنداره!)



*Donkey head! (کله خر!)



*Wind hitter. (باد بزن.)



*Water puller. (آب کش.)



*Hat lifter! (کلاه بردار!)



*You are the darling of my stomach. (عزيز دلمی.)



*She is very heavy and colourful! (خيلی سنگين رنگينه!)



*Don't make yourself spoiled!! (خودتو لوس نکن!!)



*Drink of life! (نوش جان!)



*Unknowledgeable in salt!! (نمک نشناس!!)



*Without salt! (بی نمک!)



*With salt! (با نمک!)



*Without steam! (بی بخار !)



*Don't be narrow and orange!! (نازک نارنجی نباش!!)



*You ate my head!! (سرمو خوردی!!)



*Again the same soup and the same bowl!! (بازهم همان آش و همان کاسه!!)



*Your eyes see beautiful! (چشمتون قشنگ می بينه!)



*May your eyes be bright! (چشمتون روشن!)



*He took her tear out! (اشکشو در آوردی!)



*Her colour has jumped away! (رنگش پريده!)



*The patient stone. (سنگ صبور.)



*Your place is very empty! (جات خيلی خاليه!)



*One hand has no voice. (يک دست سدا نداره.)



*I want the donkey and the dates. (هم خرو ميخواد هم خرمارو.)



*My new sleeve, eat rice!! (آستين نو بخور پلو!!)



*Her friendship is like the friendship of Auntie Bear! (دوستيش مثل دوستی خاله خرسه اس!)



*She still has two and a half swallows left!!! (هنوز دوقورت و نيمش باقيه!!!)



*Don't see how tiny the pepper is, break it and see how sharp it is! (فلفل نبين چه ريشه بشکن ببين چه تيزه!)



*One crow, forty crows! (يک کلاغ چهل کلاغ!)



*Hear and don't believe! (بشنو و باور نکن!)



*Leave it alone, it's not male male, or female female! (ولش کن نه نر نره نه ماده ماده!)



*If you're a crow, then I'm a baby crow! (اگه تو کلاغی من بچه کلاغم!)



*The onion has been hanging out with the fruit!! (پياز هم خودشو قاطی ميوه ها کرده!!)



*Which instrument of yours should I dance to?? (با کدوم سازت برقصم??)



*May God never subtract you from brotherhood! (خدا از برادری کمت نکنه!)



*My stomach became a kabob! (دلم کباب شد!)



*Die for someone who will have a fever for you! (برای کسی بمير که برات بميره!)



*Ouch life/soul!! (آخ جوووون!!)



*My veins and roots came out!! (رگ و ريشه ام در اومد)

No comments:

Post a Comment